Sunday 11 February 2018

CONFESSION






David Byrne is one cool dude.

I'm not a musician but really enjoy music in many forms. I'd like to be able to write and perform music especially Byrne-type stuff. He's written so many good songs that are modern day classics.

The sample above is from the outstanding album from the theatre show The Catherine Wheel which was a collaboration between Byrne and Twyla Tharp and premiered in 1981 in NYC. I wish I'd been there.

 There is some seriously good music in this 'album' and, on the videos I've seen some great dance performances.

'Eggs In A Briar Patch' has a disturbing edge to it. Interpret as you wish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A YEAR IN SONG

 Of course you remember that I said I would write a post on relevant songs for the months of the year. Just in case your old memories need r...